Are you worried about falling behind on your business finances or taxes? Do you think it is finally time to hire a professional who can protect our business from going under? It may be time for you to take advantage of an accountant. At SmarTax, LLC, we are professionals when it comes to finances and tax preparation. We are known for being one of the “best tax accountant near me.” We are conveniently located in Pembroke Pines.
Our Tips To Land Your The Best Tax Accountant
- Ask for a Preparer Tax Identification Number
- The IRS requires anyone who prepares or assists in preparing federal tax returns for compensation to have a PTIN.
- Require a CPA, law license or Enrolled Agent designation
- A PTIN is relatively easy to get, so go a step further and get a credentialed preparer — someone who’s also a certified public accountant, licensed attorney, enrolled agent or who have completed the IRS’ Annual Filing Season program.
- Look for friends in high places
- Membership in a professional organization such as the National Association of Tax Professionals, the National Association of Enrolled Agents, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, or the American Academy of Attorney CPAs is always a good thing to have, as most have codes of ethics, professional conduct requirements, and various certification programs.
- Compare Fees
- Legitimate tax preparers often charge by the hour, so if you come across one whose fee is based on the size of your refund or who says he or she can get you a bigger refund than the next guy, those are red flags.
- Reconsider those who don’t e-file
- The IRS requires any paid preparer who does more than ten returns for clients to file electronically via the IRS’ e-file system. If your tax preparer doesn’t offer e-file, it may be a sign the person isn’t doing as much tax prep as you thought.
- Confirm they’ll sign on the dotted line
- The law requires paid preparers to sign their clients’ returns and provide their PTINs. Never sign a blank tax return — the preparer could put anything on the return, including their own bank account number so they can steal your refund.
- Check if they’d have your back
- Enrolled agents, CPAs, and attorneys with PTINs can represent you in front of the IRS on audits, payments and collection issues, and appeals. Preparers who have PTINs can’t — even if they prepared your return. Preparers who complete the Annual Filing Season Program can represent clients only in limited circumstances.
Count On Us When It Comes to Tax Accountant Near Me
We provide tax preparation for individuals and small businesses. We pride ourselves in preparing your return quickly and accurately. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. At SmarTax, you’ll get professional, quality service, at a reasonable price.
Call Us Today for Tax Preparation!
We are proud to offer the best tax accountant near me. We are here to help, especially when it comes to an understanding of small business accounting. SmartTax, LLC in Pembroke Pines want to ensure you are ready and informed when it comes to your bookkeeping services. Call or visit our experts today for more information. We take pride in being the best at tax preparation!